GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
The goal of Merrick Foundation,
Inc. is to improve the quality of life in the Merrick County area by supporting
needs that are not being met in the areas of civic, cultural, health, education
and social service. Grants are awarded on the condition that grantees attend
Merrick Foundationís Annual Meeting on the 4th Monday of November and provide
a poster board display demonstrating the goal, progress or completion of their
Application documents are accessible from the Merrick Foundation web page www.merrick-foundation.org Applicants must complete the form on line, print, sign (2 signatures are required) and mail to: Merrick Foundation, 1532 17th Ave, Suite B, Central City, NE 68826. If you are not sure if your project is eligible, please call Merrick Foundation at (308) 946-3707. The Grant Committee will review grants and make recommendations to the full board at regular meetings. Grant requests over $10,000 may be required to attend a regular meeting for explanations and/or clarifications. Grants over $15,000 shall be reviewed in January and June. You will be contacted with a date and time to appear if your presence is necessary.
Deadline dates for submitting applications are due the 10th of each month or the following Monday if the 10th falls on a weekend. Grants are approved every month except December.
GRANT REQUEST GUIDELINES:
*Unless otherwise provided by terms of a specific gift or devise:
1. Only organizations in Merrick County or organizations serving Merrick County residents are eligible.
2. Merrick Foundation does not fund projects or programs that have already been completed.
3. Grant requests submitted prior to a project or the beginning of an organizationís program year will receive stronger consideration than a project or program that has already started.
4. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals, for religious purposes, or organizations that operate for profit.
5. Proposals from organizations demonstrating broad community support for their proposed programs are given priority consideration.
6. The Foundation as a general policy gives less consideration to applications from tax-supported institutions, veterans and labor organizations, social clubs and fraternal organizations.
7. A grant cannot be used for political purposes.
8. An interim evaluation and/or final report on a funded request may be required by the Foundation.
9. If the requesting organization is tax exempt, as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, it will provide evidence of such status.
10. If a request is granted, monies will be disbursed only after receiving documentation of actual expenditures.
11. A grant request must have the approval of the governing Board of the requesting organization.
12. Funded organizations purchasing items or services must purchase such items or services in Merrick County if practical to do so.
13. The Foundation will
not consider more than one application from the same organization in a twelve
month period, unless a waiver is approved by the Board of Directors.
Grant Application click
Please call our office (308) 946-3707 before submitting a student trip grant application.
1532 17th Ave, Suite B, Central City, NE 68826 Ph: 308.946.3707
General Information: email@example.com
Copyright © 2002-2013 Merrick Foundation, Inc. Last modified: 10/13